How to Pick the Best Real Estate Agent: Over 90 percent of home buyers look online when searching for homes for sale in Ottawa and in neighbourhoods such as homes for sale in Stittsville. Many of them spend countless hours browsing agents’ web site for houses and condos.
How to Pick the Best Real Estate Agent
Finding the right homes to visit online is a great way to save time but how to pick the best real estate agent to represent you?
When you decided to go ahead and look for homes for sale in Ottawa and other neighborhoods, you will want to choose a real estate agent to work with. To make it clear you can always look for, find and buy a property without an agent. Today’s technologies allow anyone to find properties on the market, contact the owner or listing agent and use a lawyer to draw up an agreement.
The fact remains, however, that true professional full-time agents know their market like no others. As a first-time homebuyer, you will have many questions and a great real estate agent will find the answers for you. They do not charge by the hour and they represent you and not the other party.
Real estate agents are professionals dedicated to finding the best deals and agreements between both parties. Certainly, it is not an easy task and involves a lot of commitment and negotiation skills, besides tons of experience.
You should absolutely have an experienced agent on your side as likely the other side will! This is not only about handling the dozens of transactional details, but it is also about someone giving you the knowledge and negotiating advice. Simply put use a neighborhood Realtor and leverage her experience!
What are the definitive advantages of working with a Realtor?
- Real estate agents have access to the Broker’s version of the Multiple Listing Service (realtor.ca) which receives immediate updates on homes for sale in Ottawa and contains more detailed information such as historical statistics, while the public version has a delay in updates and contains less information.
- The Seller’s agent is looking out for his or her client, not for the buyer’s – they will not negotiate on your behalf, so you could easily overpay for the house or at the least you may not have all relevant information provided to you.
READ: How future of real estate is going to affect real estate brokers in Dubai?
- Conversely, no counsel on the current market value on the genuine market value of sold homes for sale in Stittsville and other areas means you might lose your dream home by only a few thousand dollars in multiple offer situations.
- Serious problems with the home, including structural damage, may not be visible to the untrained eye and once the deal closes, you are stuck with the property. Always do a home inspection.
- Complex clauses in the Offer to Purchase (drafted by the Seller’s advocate, not yours) may put you at a disadvantage in terms of payment arrangements and conditions.
- Your deposit money can be tied up for months if the deal falls through; in extreme cases of fraudulent Sellers, that money can literally disappear.
- Once the deal is done, you are on your own in terms of the closing and any issues or problems that might arise.
Buying properties whether they are homes for sale in Stittsville or a condo downtown is a big step, both financially and emotionally. Clients tend to be very happy to have had an experienced agent on their side.
A great real estate agent who helped many buyers find the right home for sale in Ottawa purchased the home and negotiated aggressively for the best outcome is a strong agent. Buyer representatives or simply buyer agents are compensated through the Seller, so using a Buyer representative Realtor does not require the Buyer to pay any out-of-pocket fees.
The buyer’s real estate agent will put all of her time and effort into helping you reach your real estate goals.
I have created and tweaked a relevant sentence around the anchor text to make it look more natural: Buying properties whether they are homes for sale in Stittsville or any condos for sale in Markham is a big step, both financially and emotionally. Clients tend to be very happy to have had an experienced agent on their side.
Here are some important things to keep in mind when choosing your Realtor:
- Go local – look for some of the top Realtors in the area you want to live in. Your Ottawa Realtor® should work in the area you want to move to – how else will they know what the local market is doing and what private opportunities might there be outside the MLS system?
- Check the agent’s track record of success over the years – a good Realtor should know their stats. Ask to see their client testimonials, and search the content of their website, which should give you a good idea of how the Realtor works for their clients.
- Do they represent first-time homebuyers? Many top agents outsource young buyers to junior colleagues! Make sure you work with the real estate agent who met you and agreed to work with you.
HussaiN is a full-time professional blogger from India. He is passionate about content writing, Tech enthusiast & computer technologies. Apart from content writing on the internet, he likes reading various tech magazines and several other blogs on the internet.