Nowadays, children are more addicted to mobile phones and the internet from an early age. Even a four-year kid can use the internet and are experts in downloading their favourite games and videos.
However, effective parenting is necessary to protect your kids from online dangers. As a parent, you need to keep a close watch on your kids and spend maximum time increasing their communication skills and healthy growth.
Parents are always the first teacher of their children, so it is up to them to raise their children. Some parents adopt a physical monitoring method to keep an eye on their child, whereas some parents are always busy with work and cannot give their child more time. They adopt digital monitoring tools to keep an eye on their kids and track their activities remotely.
Similarly, you need to choose the best app to spy on your kid so that they do not know you are spying and protecting them. Once they know, it can affect parent-child relations, and you will no longer be able to spy on your kid’s activities.
Here are seven apps that help you to spy on your kids secretly.
- 1 Fenced.ai
- 2 The Spybubble
- 3 Bark
- 4 mSpy
- 5 Spyera
- 6 Qustodio
- 7 ScreenTime
Fenced.ai is one of the best parental control software to spy on your kids. You can use the app to monitor your kid’s activities secretly. It is a powerful social media monitoring tool to keep your kids safe online and loved by many users worldwide.
The app allows you to monitor the incoming and outgoing calls and messages of your kid’s smartphone, along with the date and location from where the calls have been done.
It helps protect your kids and students from cyberbullying and peer-pressure online by monitoring their conversations with friends. Fenced.ai remotely monitors all apps installed on your child’s device and protects them from any harmful or adult applications.
Here, you can get real-time updates and past location history anytime and track your kids remotely. The GPS tracking feature includes the recording visited locations with latitude, longitude, and time and date of visit.
Fenced.ai benefits parents and business managers to identify whether their children are using the internet safely or engaged in any risky behaviour or not, and either your employees are taking pictures and videos of your company’s sensitive data with videobuddy for pc .
Available on: Android, iOS, Mac, Tablet.
- Monitors incoming and outgoing calls and messages.
- Identify the location from where the calls have been made along with the date.
- Uses GPS location to know where your kids are precisely located at the moment.
- Tracks SIM card details and provides notification when the SIM card is changed.
- Monitors photos and videos captured, watched, and saved in the device.
- Offers free trial for individuals to monitor calls and messages.
- The basic package costs $5.83 per user per month.
- The premium package costs 8.33 per user per month.
|Pros of fenced.ai||Cons of fenced.ai|
|Tracks the browsing history and allows you to identify what your kids watch.||The app needs a frequent update.|
|Provides excellent customer service.|
|Allows you to block the websites having inappropriate content.|
The Spybubble is a mobile and computer monitoring software used by parents, employees, and experts to spy on their devices secretly without them knowing.
It offers functional, easy to use software products with cutting edge features and functionality. It has an IM tracking feature that helps to monitor IM services such as FB messenger, iMessages, BB messages, and Whatsapp conversation remotely.
The best thing about this app is it provides a spontaneous alert when your child does some prohibited action on their device.
With the help of Spybubble, you can monitor all the calendar notes, contacts, and notes saved on the device of your kid. The app tracks the location even if GPS is turned off in the device and helps you to know where your kids visit throughout the day.
It also allows you to view all the activities done on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp, etc. and tracks the browsing history so that you can know what they search in their device online.
Available on: Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Tablet.
- Blocks inappropriate content to protect your kid to go on the wrong track.
- Allow you to find out the call details including the time, date, call duration, and contacts.
- Tracks the exact location of your kids even if GPS is turned off on the device.
- Tracks the messages of the target device even if they delete messages from the device.
- Allow you to view all the activities done on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp, etc.
It offers two pricing plans:
- The personal plan costs $24.95 per month.
- The professional plan costs $49.95 per month.
|Pros of Spybubble||Cons of Spybubble|
|It is 100% secure.||Some essential features are missing.|
|Provides 24/7 customer support.|
|Easy to install and use.|
The Bark is a parental control app that helps you to spy on your child and manage their online activities. The app mostly monitors your children’s social media like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and more.
It has all essential features for parents to know their children’s problems and protect them from peer pressure. Bark tracks all the content and conversation on Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and other social media.
Using bark, you can decide which app your kids can use on their device and block the app from using inappropriate content or sites that are not useful for them.
There are many problems that your children can face, like bullying, getting involved in drugs and alcohol, violence, mental health, and more during their teenage if they do not get effective parenting. Using Bark, you can identify if your children are involved in any bad habits or are facing any problem or not.
With this app, you can monitor your children’s text messages, calls, social media conversations, emails, etc, and know about their daily activities secretly.
One of the exciting features of this app is that it allows you to invite or collaborate with your children’s psychologists or advisors if your children are facing problems. It can be useful if you are a busy parent and may not have enough time to spend quality time with your kid.
Available on: Android, IOS, Mac.
- Monitors call SMS, email, etc., and prevent other social activities that might cause cybercrime.
- Allows you to manage when your kids can access the internet and also decide what sites they can visit.
- Send you an alert when your children view any harmful content on the internet.
- Monitors photos and videos that are on your children’s mobile.
- Provides an automatic alert when bark gets any potential issues and applications an expert recommendation for the child.
Bark has two price plans, which are:
- Bark Premium: It costs $14 per month.
- Bark Jr: It costs $5 per month.
|Has a simple user interface.||Late customer support.|
|Allow you to view children’s online activities on the dashboard.|
|It is compatible both in Android and IOS.|
mSpy is one of the choices for parental control to spy on children’s activities. It is the top used cell phone tracking app all over the world. You can ensure children’s security using this device.
The app allows you to monitor multiple devices and tracks all the incoming and outgoing calls of the devices. It also monitors text messages even though your kids delete them.
mSpy access chats and conversation from all popular tools like Whatsapp, Messenger, Snapchat, Telegram, Viber, etc. It also allows you to see your kid’s activity on social media like Facebook, Instagram, Tinder, Twitter, etc., along with the usage time of individual apps.
One of the best features is GPS tracking which helps you to identify your children’s location and know whether they are in the place they should be or not.
This app allows you to view photos, videos, and other media files shared or stored on the device. You can check the browsing history of your child’s device’s browsing history along with searches done in the incognito mode.
Available on: iOS, Windows, Mac, Android.
- Monitors all the incoming and outgoing calls and deleted messages.
- Track the location of the device using a GPS tracker.
- Access Facebook, Snapchat, Whatsapp, and all other social media and track their usage.
- Keep track of every photo and video captured and saved on the device.
- Checks all the browser history of the device, including searches.
It costs $7.99 per month.
|Pros of mSpy||Cons of mSpy|
|It has got friendly features.||The chat monitoring option is unavailable in some phones.|
|All the data present in-app is secure.|
Spyera is one of the advanced parental control solutions that help to spy on your kid’s smartphone activity secretly.
The app filters the browser, monitors social media, blocks inappropriate content, and provides you with daily reports on your child’s online activities. It also allows you to restrict social media apps like Facebook and Tinder during your kid’s study time or examination.
Spyera takes a screenshot in a specific time interval from your kid’s device and lets you know what they are doing from a dashboard. It monitors everything about phone calls, including call history, call recording, and listening to live calls within real-time.
You can see call details with date, time, call duration, and contact details and ensure that they do not talk with strangers.
It also monitors the keystroke from your kids’ device where you can know what text they type from a keylogger feature. You can also view all the images, deleted, views, saved, and captured in the target device.
Available on: Android, iOS, Windows, Mac.
- Monitors everything about phone calls, including call history, call recording, and listening to live calls within real-time.
- Take a screenshot of the device’s application and allow you to view it from the dashboard.
- Provides alert when target users make or receive a call.
- Records the keystroke history of specified applications using the keylogger feature.
- Monitors the photos and videos captured and stored in the device secretly.
- The smartphone package costs $89 per month.
- The tablet package costs $69 per month.
- The computer package costs $49 per month.
- The all in one package costs $479 per year.
|Pros of Spyera||Cons of Spyera|
|It is 100% secure.||Online chat systems are not available.|
|It works through any web browser of your choice.|
Qustodio is a spying and parental control tool that can monitor the devices secretly you prefer. The app helps you manage your kids’ screen time and control the inappropriate content they use on the internet from any devices and ensures your child’s digital safety by monitoring their devices remotely.
It monitors all the incoming and outgoing calls and messages along with time, date, and location. The app also helps keep your child safe from growing numbers of severe online issues and cyber threats such as viewing inappropriate content, cyberbullying, and mobile addiction.
Along with calls and text message tracking, the app also provides features like monitoring social media activities like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. from your child’s device. It allows you to view your kids’ search history by tracking browsing data and view YouTube activities.
Using Qustodio, you can view how much time your child spends on specific websites or by playing games. Likewise, it even lets you block inappropriate websites like pornography, gambling, drugs, and alcohol, sexting, and so on to protect your kids from online dangers.
Available on: Android, iOS, Mac, Windows.
Features of Qustodio
- Allow you to set a screen time schedule and daily time limit for each app.
- Blocks all the inappropriate contents even in private browsing mode.
- Manage the time spent on each app, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Netflix, and so on.
- Allow you to monitor your child’s incoming and outgoing calls and messages.
- Blocks unrelated calls and messages from the device.
Pricing of Qustodio
The pricing plans are built for families of all sizes. The plan includes pricing as below.
- The small plan costs $54.95 per year.
- The medium plan costs $96.95 per year.
- The large plan costs $137.95 per year.
|Pros of Qustodio||Cons of Qustodio|
|It is easy to use with multiple features.||It lacks a sim card tracking feature.|
|It does not take more time to get started.|
|It helps you to manage multiple devices.|
ScreenTime is a parental control app that limit your kids’ screen time and reduce mobile addiction by setting a limited time for using the mobile or computer.
Using ScreenTime, you can schedule a time for sleep, tasks, etc., to avoid distractions when your child needs to focus on something important. You can instantly pause your child’s device and block the harmful sites for them while allowing them a smartphone.
The app notifies whenever they reach a specific location that you have pre-defined. Screen Time provides you geo-trips features that show you the path of your kid’s location and provides you with alerts when your child arrives or leaves a specific area.
The apps also provide homework and task features that reward your kids’ extra screen time whenever they complete their homework on time. It allows you to set a daily time limit for your children to protect from excessive usage of smartphones.
Available on: Android, IOS, Kindle.
- Allow you to set a time limit for internet usages for your children.
- Allow you to categorize apps based on their productivity level.
- The app usage feature shows you apps that your kid uses the most and shows a detailed picture of your kid’s device activities.
- Helps you to keep an eye on a kid’s web history.
- Tracks location using GPS tracker and provides you alert when your child arrives or leaves a specific area.
Screen time costs $6.99per month.
|Offers one week one trial period.||Lacks call and message tracking features.|
|Provides a 24/7 customer service facility.|
From the above apps, you can use anyone to spy on your kid’s device and help them to protect from digital hazards and cybercrime. You can keep your kids safe on iPhone and Android phones by using any of the spy software by reviewing the features you want.
The above apps highly support parents to protect their kids from online dangers without them knowing. Once you feel your kids are not on a good track, you can use spy software to ensure their productive use of the internet.
Which software are you using to spy on your kids? Please let us know in the comment section below.
HussaiN is a full-time professional blogger from India. He is passionate about content writing, Tech enthusiast & computer technologies. Apart from content writing on the internet, he likes reading various tech magazines and several other blogs on the internet.