An eCommerce business’s success depends on what you do (or you don’t do) to promote your company online. With everything that eCommerce marketing encompasses — SEO, content marketing, email marketing, analytics, etc., it can be quite overwhelming to decide where to begin, and most importantly, choosing which one will impact your business the most.
- 1 eCommerce Trends in 2021
- 1.0.1 10 Things to Consider For Your Digital Strategies
- 188.8.131.52 1. Pre-launch marketing strategy: run a giveaway
- 184.108.40.206 2. SEO marketing strategy: increase your organic visibility
- 220.127.116.11 3. Content marketing strategy: create shareable content
- 18.104.22.168 4. Remarketing strategy: pursue the target customers
- 22.214.171.124 5. Buzz marketing strategy: build brand awareness
- 126.96.36.199 6. Artificial intelligence: automate eCommerce workflow
- 188.8.131.52 7. Influencer and blogger marketing strategy: expand your network
- 184.108.40.206 8. Customer service: take care of customer service
- 220.127.116.11 9. Prepare the FAQs before product launching: be transparent
- 18.104.22.168 10. Email marketing strategy: connect with your customers
- 1.0.2 Wrapping things out…
- 1.0.3 Share this:
- 1.0.1 10 Things to Consider For Your Digital Strategies
eCommerce Trends in 2021
Depending on the size of your company, you must have an eCommerce development strategy that will help you address your goals and guide you along the way. A strategy will keep you on track and help you see your progress. There is no doubt that planning a strategy might be a complex task nevertheless, it is necessary if you want to have smooth management and a successful eCommerce business.
This summary of 10 essential tips will help you create an effective eCommerce development strategy and put your company on the right path to success on the internet.
If you have a new website or product, it is important to build buzz around its launch weeks or even months in advance to make people interested and thrilled. This technique might come in pre-launch contests or giveaways. You can offer your product exclusively to people with a community influence in exchange for their help in spreading the word about what’s coming. You can also offer your products at a discounted price for a limited time upon its launch.
Whichever you choose, try to find a system that increases vitality as much as possible. For example, by making users have to share their participation on social networks. Get creative with your messages to avoid being perceived as spam and offer extra points for bringing friends.
Having a well-ranked website in search engines will give you a lot of traffic to which you can communicate your products and services and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) will help you achieve this.
For your SEO marketing strategy to work, you need first to get your pages to SERP. To do this, you need to first optimize your pages and focus on the following areas:
- Keywords. Keywords are the topics or ideas that define your content and the products/services you offer. Keyword research is one of the first tasks that you need to execute or do. You need to focus on what you offer and build keywords around it.
- Meta Description. This is the summary of your page content. For the benefit of users, the meta description is shown in search engine results so they will have a gist of what your content is all about and if it will be useful to them. Make sure that your meta descriptions are short, concise, and just enough to prove your point.
- Web Page Loading Speed. Website speed is important for user experience and is a direct ranking factor in Google. There are many factors that influence the speed of your website but most of the time, images have something to do with it. To improve it, you need to optimize your images.
There are more factors that affect Google rankings. To find out, you can always read comprehensive guides about SEO from many reliable resources on the internet.
Regular content creation is one of the most effective and solid digital marketing strategies. Spend time creating content about your business and relevant topics that may be of interest to your customers. The goal is to add value to your readers and use that influence to compel them to share your content and eventually get traffic to your website.
You need to know that content marketing is a long-term strategy and might take a lot of effort. However, this is the most effective way to build trust and valuable relationships with your customers so it is an effort that’s not wasted and worth a lot.
Marketing does not end in impressing and reaching out to users blindly. A smart marketing strategy will involve a step-by-step follow-through to a user’s journey to the conversion funnel. Consumers can find themselves at different times in the buying cycle, and the first time they hear about you they may not yet be ready to buy. But that’s no reason to let them pass. What you have to do is get them to leave you their data to start nurturing your relationship with them.
Similarly, don’t neglect your regular users. Keep in regular contact with them (for example, through a newsletter) and of course, don’t forget to notify them of your launch.
Word of mouth is still an incredibly effective system for getting your product out there and making it popular. People naturally talk about their service or product experiences and make recommendations with their contacts. You can always give people a push to spread the word about your products by creating an incentive system for recommendations. This is much like affiliate marketing where you give incentives or commissions to people when they successfully recommend your products to others.
For quite some time, many companies and brands use AI technology to automate their business. AI tools will save you time and money, improve efficiency, help carry out repetitive tasks, and create personalized experiences for customers and users.
Some AI tools you can use and integrate into your eCommerce development management workflow include:
- Chatbots. Chatbots will assist your customers 24/7 without the need for your intervention. These tools help improve user experience as you only need to teach your bot answers to common inquiries by your clients/customers. It can also manage order processing and lead your visits to conversions.
- Background Remover Tools for eCommerce. Images play a big role in eCommerce. From website development and creating product listings, images are needed. Automatic background remover tools will help remove background from image online free and optimize them so they won’t affect your web page loading speed.
- Visual Search Tools. Visual search tools can be used for social listening and protecting you and your products. Using visual search, these tools can recognize images that might be similar to your logo, products, or other visual materials you own. You can use the results to know how many people are talking about your products or use it to know if someone is copying your products without your knowledge.
You can read more information about AI tools for eCommerce here.
Influencers are the new kings of digital marketing strategies. As experts in a topic or sector, they usually have a loyal audience that is willing to follow their recommendations, which you can exploit in your favor to publicize the new product.
To get bloggers and influencers talking about your brand, the most common strategies are hosting events and sending free samples. But keep in mind that you can’t “buy” their opinion, as they owe it to their audience, to be honest about what they think. To avoid disasters, do a good job of preliminary research to select the bloggers that interest you the most.
In recent years, users have become accustomed to receiving responses from brands 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Therefore, you have to be available online to help them. Customer service is probably one of the areas where good staffing is most important. Your company ambassadors must be patient, have empathy and be decisive in order to offer the customer experience that your brand deserves.
When you launch a new product on the market, users often have a lot of questions about how it works. The more innovative it is, the more explanations you will have to give. Therefore, my recommendation is that you save as much work as possible in advance by creating a complete and highly visible “Frequently Asked Questions” section. Ideally, you should encourage users to visit it before contacting the company with questions.
Email marketing is still as effective as it was years before. Email marketing creates a rapport between you and your customers and it is a good platform to guide them to their journey to conversion. To start with email marketing, the first step is to create a database of your customers. The more information you can associate with each of them, the better. After that, you need to create a segmentation of your data based on demographics, age, niche, previous purchases, or products that they have shown interest in.
You can then use this information to reach out to your subscribers or prospect customers and create relevant and personalized campaigns. Marketing automation can be of great help in managing all this information efficiently.
In order to succeed in digital marketing, you have to take advantage of your current strengths and the opportunities that come along your way. You must use tools and strategies that lessen your work while increasing your company’s efficiency. Resources are always available on the internet so it is best to get the maximum benefit and learn from the experiences and advice of experts. Other than these strategies, there are a lot more ways to help you lead your business to success; so keep learning and keep moving.
Yen Pedrajas is an eCommerce and digital marketing enthusiast who loves to review and write informative content about the latest tech trends, business planning, marketing strategies, and ideas. You can read her work at Medium.
She is currently managing public relations and customer operations for Removal.AI. An AI technology that operates as a background remover SaaS tool to offer professional photo editing and removing the background of images for eCommerce and all other web and app development purposes.
HussaiN is a full-time professional blogger from India. He is passionate about content writing, Tech enthusiast & computer technologies. Apart from content writing on the internet, he likes reading various tech magazines and several other blogs on the internet.