It is not uncommon to notice mold during our everyday lives. We may often see hair-like protrusions growing from old bread slices or other food products that are left uncovered for extended periods. This process of decay is entirely natural. The microscopic spores of molds are always present in our surrounding environment. Some of this mold may be relatively harmless; however, some could lead to serious health issues.
If you find mold infesting your home or your workplace, you are advised to eradicate it as soon as possible. Continually breathing in this mold could be a deterrent for you, as well as your family’s health.
Mold removal is not an easy task, as mold can be quite tricky and stubborn. That is why it is best to hire professional mold remediation and Mold Removal CT – Top Water Damage Restoration Guys of Connecticut service, like Mold Removal CT.
Indoor Growth Of Mold
Molds are living organisms that release tiny spores into the environment, and when these spores land in damp places, they begin to multiply. Since molds are easily affected by sunlight, they often prefer to grow in dark and damp spaces. Molds thrive in humid environments and can grow on surfaces with sufficient moisture.
If your home or office is prone to water damages like leaky roofs, faulty plumbing, etc., it could be a potential nesting ground for molds. Lack of ventilation is also a major cause of the growth of molds.
Mold is not easily identifiable, but you can look out for smudges or discolorations on a surface. Mold may be fuzzy or slimy in texture, but it smells musty.
Effects on Human Health
The growth of mold in your homes or offices is most certainly a problem that should not be ignored! Breathing in the Mycotoxins, which are present in toxic molds, can cause serious health complications.
Some harmful effects of mold on human health are as follows.
- Allergies: This is one of the most common effects of molds. Allergies often result in coughing, runny nose, wheezing and itchy eyes, rashes, etc. For people who suffer from pre-existing respiratory conditions, mold allergies may also cause difficulty in breathing.
- Infections: Prolonged mold exposure could lead to various fungal infections like Aspergillosis, which affects the respiratory system. These infections may be severe for people with weaker immune systems.
- Disorders: Molds can also cause body disorders like Hypersensitivity and Pneumonitis, which causes inflammation of the lungs. Mold may also cause Allergic Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis, which often affects people who have asthma.
- Skin Problems: In some cases, especially for people with sensitive skin, molds may cause problems like excessive itching, redness, irritations, rashes, and so on.
- Neurotoxin Effects: In some rare cases, molds can also cause severe nerve damages, resulting in visual sensitivity and neurological issues.
Effects On Property
Molds don’t just risk your health but also threaten the well being of your property. These pests tend to feed on materials like wood, drywall, wallpaper, carpets, etc. As soon as the mold spores find a moist and dark spot, they will start to multiply and eat away at your property, eventually leading to severe structural damage.
If this growth of molds is left unchecked for too long, it could also result in caving in of floors, falling of ceilings, the collapse of support beams and walls, etc. Thus, mold infestation problems must be promptly dealt with to avoid significant damages and extra expenses in the future.
Ways To Prevent Mold
When the molds take root on your property, it becomes rather challenging to eliminate them. So, it is advisable to take certain precautions to reduce the risk of mold growth.
Some tips to prevent molds are as follows.
- Fix all leaks on the property.
- Ensure a proper airflow through the house by leaving the windows and doors open for a while.
- Use exhaust fans to reduce condensation in the bathrooms and kitchens.
- Move the furniture away from the walls to increase ventilation.
- Ensure that all cooling and heating systems are regularly serviced.
Hire A Professional For The Job
If you live in Connecticut and are having trouble with a mold infestation, don’t wait too long to deal with this problem. Hire one of the best water damage restoration and mold removal companies – Mold Removal CT.
This locally-based company is insured, licensed, and well established in the mold remediation business. Aside from helping you with your concerns on mold removal and water damage, they also provide mold odor removal and mold testing services. Their team is efficient and reliable, and they will make every effort to ensure your property’s safety!
Check out their website for more details about their services and call them at 203-904-2772.
HussaiN is a full-time professional blogger from India. He is passionate about content writing, Tech enthusiast & computer technologies. Apart from content writing on the internet, he likes reading various tech magazines and several other blogs on the internet.