Class Ninth can be a challenging academic year for students. Until the class eighth, the knowledge that students had gained was preliminary to an extent.
How to Study Effectively in class 9
In ninth, students are able to grasp a better understanding of different subjects and eventually finalize the subjects of their choice. Hence, the importance of this academic year cannot be neglected, and it’s necessary for every ninth-grader to plan ahead and deliver their best in this standard.
- Have a customized timetable- Because of the large number of subjects in Ninth grade- it might be challenging for the student to allot time to all subjects. Hence a customized timetable that meets the needs of all the subjects is very important. It is advised that the student gives more time to the subjects they are weak in to improve in them.
- Make smart notes- Notes that are crisp, organized, and practical will improve efficiency in preparation. Apart from the notes in classrooms, notes for content studied from reference books, NCERT books, and other resources can assist the student in performing their best.
- Set a fixed time to study- Without balancing time with extracurricular activities and more of ninth grade, the last-minute test pressure can result. It’s advised to fix a time to study and prepare on a regular basis. Three to four hours of daily studies are crucial to keeping up with the pace of the topics taught in class.
- Change the approach with every subject- Ninth grade has multiple subjects, and sadly, one size fits all doesn’t work while studying for every subject. It’s necessary to change one’s strategy of preparation with every subject. For example- for languages, a hold of literature, grammar, and practice in writing skills might be needed. For biology, an increased number of preparation hours in diagrams might be required. Similarly, maps in geography, formulas in mathematics, and equations in chemistry all require a unique approach.
- Understand strengths- Class Ninth is an integral year to study and determine the subjects that one would like to study in detail later. This sets the career path for the student and should be considered while approaching different subjects. Take out time for introspection and reflection. It is said that playing to one’s strengths will lead to a higher rate of success for the individual.
- Build a strong foundation- It goes without saying that Class Ninth lays a strong foundation for all the grades of high school and even for college. Hence, it’s all the more important to focus on academics in order to do well in the subjects that one takes up in the future. Hence, practical notes and good reference books will assist the student in their higher studies as well.
- Don’t forget to take breaks– A smart technique to take breaks is to follow the Pomodoro technique or Pomodoro method in which four sets of 20 minutes each are timed, and each set is followed by a break of 5 minutes. A longer break can be taken after the four sets are completed. This method is scientifically proven to increase productivity while performing a task where the user wants to focus. The method can be stimulated manually or online on different websites as well.
- Smart sources are smart choices– It is advised to ensure to choose smart choices to prepare. For instance, R S Aggarwal is a definitive book for Mathematics in Class Ninth. A reliable solution set can help the student be sure of their approach and clarify any doubts in self-study. Hence, the Class 9 RS Aggarwal Solutions is a crucial necessity.
- Exercises for concentration– Breathing exercises can be used to improve concentration during preparation. Some of the exercises include the 4-7-8 method in which the student inhales for 4 seconds, holds their breath for 7 seconds, and exhales for 8 seconds. A cycle of 5-6 exercises will improve mood and provide higher focus. Simple deep breathing exercises can also assist a lot. Box breathing is another exercise that helps provide a focus boost and improves memory and retention.
- Take time out to relax– Academics can get overwhelming, and the added stress can eventually hinder performance and progress. It’s essential to curb excessive stress by doing relaxing activities. Some breathing exercises can help areas mentioned in the exercises for concentration. Taking out some time to do the things that make one happy is recommended as it positively impacts the individual and motivates them to study more.
- Create a healthy study environment– The environment in which one studies has a lasting impact on the eventual performance in exams. Some helpful tips include- always studying on a study table and not on a bed or a very comfortable setting. Resources that should be present to increase productivity include having good sets of stationery for diagram making, lab work, and note-making, keeping a water bottle to stay hydrated. Notes of important formulas and the customized timetable can be pasted above the table in order to provide quick reference.
- Build a mock test schedule- It’s important to give at least one mock exam for each subject, which can be done by preparing a test schedule with the dates and exam resources in place. It is recommended to ensure that the student revises the mistakes made in the mock papers and thoroughly reviews the entire solution set for every subject before the final exams.
- Gain important learnings– After one year, students would have their Class 10 board exams, and hence, it’s extremely crucial to gain important insights from Class 9 in terms of a person’s time management skills, the learning curve for different subjects, and more. These learnings will allow the student to perform to the best of their abilities in the upcoming year’s board exams.
Such a balanced approach, as mentioned above, will not only increase efficiency in academic studies but will also provide the much-needed perspective that a student requires as they progress to higher grades of school and university. These tips will provide the student’s opportunities to perform to the best of their abilities.
HussaiN is a full-time professional blogger from India. He is passionate about content writing, Tech enthusiast & computer technologies. Apart from content writing on the internet, he likes reading various tech magazines and several other blogs on the internet.